Home What's New Message Board
BigPumpkins.com
Select Destination Site Search

Message Board

 
General Discussion

Subject:  Monster 2551 Ford?

General Discussion      Return to Board List

From

Location

Message

Date Posted

TruckinPunkin

Brownsville, MD

I noticed the price for a 2551 seed just went up to $2499
Jim must know something....
Who's got the monster?
Looking through the weigh-off results, I see there's a 2551 plant in the Stelts patch...

In case you don't believe me: https://worldclassgardening.com/products/index.html?action=fulldet_seed&p=1504

9/28/2026 4:56:21 PM

Tree Doctor

Mulino, Oregon

I just weighed a 2,613 lb fruit off the 2551 at the National Pumpkin Weigh-off at Bishop's in Wheatland, California. Monster? You decide! Results should be posted soon.

9/28/2026 5:39:57 PM

TruckinPunkin

Brownsville, MD

I saw that one on FB, Jim! I didn't know that was a 2551. I believe that's the same one you solicited names for a while back and I suggested "Miss Fanny"
-Thomas Morgan

9/28/2026 7:14:36 PM

DKrus

Cheshire Ma USA

I'll sell mine for half that, after weigh off season, auction purchased seed.

9/28/2026 8:42:42 PM

Little Ketchup

Grittyville, WA

Wow, to both Jims!

9/28/2026 11:44:50 PM

jj604

no.scituate R I

Congrats Jim that's a whopper not quite is nice looking as your last big one, but it sure was heavy. Nice going.

9/29/2026 9:29:38 AM

Howard

Nova Scotia

2,613 lbs. Jim? Holy smokes good for you. Guess I'm out of the loop on the 2551 Ford seed lol. That's fine because it's very difficult these days following all the record size AGs being weighed already and so many classic big orange ones now over 2,000 lbs. that I am sure come this winter/auctions there will be many available at reasonable prices.

9/29/2026 10:05:25 AM

Tree Doctor

Mulino, Oregon

Thomas, yes that was the very same pumpkin. I chose the name 'Sponge Blob' but I really liked all the names provided.

9/29/2026 5:01:47 PM

Total Posts: 8 Current Server Time: 9/30/2026 7:28:31 AM
 
General Discussion      Return to Board List
  Note: Sign In is required to reply or post messages.
 
Top of Page

Questions or comments? Send mail to Ken AT bigpumpkins.com.
Copyright © 1999-2026 BigPumpkins.com. All rights reserved.